A ‘Peer-to-Peer Recovery Education Course’ on mental illness is being offered this month for those in need of support. Being diagnosed with a mental illness can be a traumatic and isolating experience for individuals and their families. It can be a life changing and overwhelming experience. People living with mental illness do not have to cope with their illnesses alone — they can join others who are looking to gain further insight into mental health, gain a sense of community, a sense of control over one’s life and an opportunity for growth.
Free class on mental illness offered
Trending in: Local News
- Woman injured in solo crash on McCourtney Road
- Penn Valley school board discusses distraught parents’ group
- Nevada County supervisor candidate Miller receives endorsements
- Subcommittee supports full funding to restore Bridgeport covered bridge
- Acupuncture may now be covered care