The Union reader Lori Moniz took this photo of an inquisitive otter on the dock on her small pond off Jones Bar in Nevada City recently. “They come in every winter,” Moniz wrote, adding that there were two of them.
- Experts: California home sales will rise in 2016
- Body of Nevada City man found in Yuba River
- George Boardman: Just in time for holidays, food police are out to spoil the party
- Highway 20 collision in Nevada County sends woman to hospital
- Two arrested, one sought in connection with North Star Mine property burglaries