The Union reader Lori Moniz took this photo of an inquisitive otter on the dock on her small pond off Jones Bar in Nevada City recently. “They come in every winter,” Moniz wrote, adding that there were two of them.
How the 'otter' half lives
Trending in: Local News
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Local fire units quash vegetation fire on Litton Trail
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- Nevada County community helps shore up Amgen debt