Two people were injured in a two-car accident on Highway 49, near Crestview Drive Wednesday evening. Both drivers were injured with one being transported to a Roseville hospital by air ambulance. The roadway was closed around 30 minutes, as traffic was diverted down La Barr Meadows Road from McKnight Way. Grass Valley Fire Department, Nevada County Consolidated Fire Department, Sierra Nevada Ambulance, Grass Valley Police Department and California Highway Patrol responded to the scene.
2 injured in Hwy 49 crash
Trending in: Local News
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- Authorities say Sacramento man tried to bring 800 lbs. of fireworks into Nevada County
- New scam illustrates need for vigilance with suspicious calls
- Reported honey oil lab leads to South County man's arrest
- Nevada County drug-alcohol treatment facility to undergo renovations