What have we become as a society when a simple but genuine compliment regarding a person’s appearance evokes outrage among American citizens. Announcer Brent Musburger’s praise of Katherine Webb, Miss Alabama and girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, during ESPN’s coverage of the BCS National Championship Game last week was met with such controversy that ESPN felt it necessary to offer a public apology (by the way, this isn’t about loyalty to one team or another).
Why can’t we take a compliment?
Trending in: Local News
- Nevada County Superintendent supports new computer-based testing
- Adding new dimension to cancer radiation treatment
- Appeal filed over Nevada County use permit for Blue Lead Mine
- Showering burglar suspect arrested in Grass Valley
- Modesto couple arrested for check forgery after Grass Valley traffic stop