As I was reading Wayne Hild’s letter to the editor of Jan. 3, in which he expressed his opinion that Republicans in Congress were hurting job creation and that “Reagan’s trickle-down economics was a shell game,” I could not help but notice both the front-page article and the “open letter” published on the same day regarding the closing of Cirino’s Bar & Grill in Nevada City.
Elections do have consequences
Trending in: Local News
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- Beloved teacher Craig Zetterberg dies Saturday
- Contest for congressional seat heating up
- School districts issue layoff notices, leaves staff in limbo
- 7 Nevada County residents cited for buying booze for minors