Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Local News
- As firefighters battle Lowell Fire, Nevada County community does its part to help
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire
- Cal Fire: Full containment of Lowell Fire possible by weekend (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- Grass Valley City Council opens dialogue to medical marijuana cultivation