Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Local News
- Heal thyself: Practicing yoga as therapy
- Telemedicine brings world-class health care to ICU
- Nevada County industry pioneer, community icon Lowell Robinson dies at 86
- Former Nevada County ballot Measure S backers cleared of fines, issued warning letter
- Grass Valley Charter School's outdoor science center inspires, engages students