We asked our Facebook friends to write the caption for the accompanying photo. Here are the top offerings from this week’s contest, which earned one lucky reader a free large pizza from Miner Moe’s in Nevada City:
10. Pete Peterson — “Hey coach, what happened to the antennas?!? Yeah, we look silly without them.”
9. Randy Schaffner — All I can say is that my life is pretty plain. I like watchin’ the puddles gather rain …
8. Chris Conangla — Float like a butterball, look like a bee …
7. Chris T Owen — The Stealers … doing their “chain-gang” repentance.
6. Roberta Peters — “Hey coach, weren’t we supposed to get pants to go over these Spanx?”
5. Jeff Greeley — “Who was the genius that made that bet anyway?”
4. Johnna Annable — I told your Mom not to be late with the costumes. Halloween was two weeks ago!
3. Jeannette Mullenax — If we get the ball we must return it to our queen!
2. Rich Johns — “… this is what we get for griping about the Pink last month..”
1. Mona Matthias — Do these stripes make me look fat?
Congratulations, Mona Matthias! You have one week to contact Community Reporter Cory Fisher via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (530) 477-4203 to claim your free pizza from Miner Moe’s in Nevada City.