In about half of domestic violence cases, victims delay or do not escape their homes due to fear of their batterer or abuser, initiating or increasing violence upon their pets. Consequently the abuse and violence continues unabated; not only against the spouse but sometimes against children, elderly relatives, pets and livestock.
Disturbing link between animal, domestic abuse
Trending in: Local News
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Grass Valley woman educates others about fetal alcohol syndrome
- Woman found dead in the street in Morgan Ranch
- Health insurance hassle in Nevada County
- Grass Valley man arrested in connection with car theft