“Why was Chris Matthews on the dais?” This remains the most frequently asked question I get about the presidential election. It refers to the Al Smith dinner, an annual event that raises money for Catholic charities, (many of which are threatened by Obama administration policies), just weeks before the big day. Both presidential candidates attended the dinner, hosted by the Archdiocese of New York.
Truly, there is always hope
Trending in: Local News
- Woman found dead in the street in Morgan Ranch
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Grass Valley woman educates others about fetal alcohol syndrome
- Nevada City homicide victim identified
- Health insurance hassle in Nevada County