The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
Earth’s treasures at the fairgrounds this weekend
Trending in: Local News
- Lack of spark arrestors worries Grass Valley man
- Trying to find a doctor or specialist? Website tracks physicians’ length of practice, specialty areas, training and patient assessments
- Injured bicyclist identified
- Police blotter: Man trying to pick fights by insulting elderly, obese, injured people
- Big Oak Valley fire drawing major resources