The 45th annual Gem and Mineral Show this weekend is a local favorite for children and adults alike. This year’s event includes special displays of fossils, dinosaur bones and petrified wood, as well as numerous gem and mineral collections. Dealers with beads, pearls and more will be on hand with ready-to-wear jewelry or pieces to make your own. Watch local artisans at work. The event is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Nevada County Fairgrounds main building, 11228 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. For information, visit http://www.ncgms.org.
Earth’s treasures at the fairgrounds this weekend
Trending in: Local News
- Spirituality Café and book club now offered
- House fire at Kendall and Clark streets in Grass Valley
- Five cited at Beale anti-drone protest
- Large-scale gas thefts plague Grass Valley
- Local Baha’is observe holy period