When local resident Edda Hunter was first diagnosed with cancer in 2006, she went to lots of support groups to deal with the challenges of her illness. But although she found the meetings helpful, they didn’t meet her personal spiritual needs. So a year ago, Hunter founded and became director of Hope Bearers, a Christ Centered Support group for those facing the challenges of cancer or chronic illness.
The spiritual side of ﬁghting cancer
Trending in: Local News
- Law enforcement honored by Nevada City Elks
- Consolidated swears in 2 new employees
- Driver in solo crash suspected of DUI
- Mexican Fiesta fundraiser at North San Juan Center
- State of Yuba event scheduled for Earth Day