When local resident Edda Hunter was first diagnosed with cancer in 2006, she went to lots of support groups to deal with the challenges of her illness. But although she found the meetings helpful, they didn’t meet her personal spiritual needs. So a year ago, Hunter founded and became director of Hope Bearers, a Christ Centered Support group for those facing the challenges of cancer or chronic illness.
The spiritual side of ﬁghting cancer
Trending in: Local News
- Sierra Academy of Expeditionary Learning open for enrollment
- Nevada City homicide victim identified
- Woman found dead in the street in Morgan Ranch
- Murder victim remembered as generous, gentle man
- Driver in solo crash suspected of DUI