The conviction of a 77-year-old Alta Sierra man who was found guilty of attempted murder was overturned by a judge Friday because his public defender did not realize the man faced a potential sentence of 34 years to life — and therefore did not adequately present a plea offer before his trial.
Attempted murder conviction vacated
Trending in: Local News
- Acupuncture may now be covered care
- DA reviewing allegations against Nevada City physician
- Penn Valley Fire staff uncovers hazardous waste violations at routine inspection
- World Book Night comes to Nevada County
- Nevada County licensees attend ABC liquor law workshop