Salt continues to remain one of the top debated health and nutrition topics to date. Without surprise, we continue to see health professionals who believe sodium/salt is the cause of current health problems and other professionals who believe sodium/salt is vital for optimal health. Major government agencies and institutions advocate a low sodium/salt diet. Whether you are against sodium/salt intake or an advocate of for it, everyone can agree that like anything else, sodium/salt should not be consumed in excess. As consumers, we need to recognize the fact that anything in excess can have negative impacts on our health and, at the same time, understand the vital functions sodium plays in our bodies.
Sodium solution: Cut back on refined salts for health
Trending in: Local News
- Beloved teacher Craig Zetterberg dies Saturday
- 7 Nevada County residents cited for buying booze for minors
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- Flash mob makes dancing accessible
- School districts issue layoff notices, leaves staff in limbo