I can never seem to produce budget recipes at their advertised price; perhaps the cost of living in the Washington area makes it more of a challenge. (Published total for this one: $3.97, using home-cooked beans.) But this one-pot dish is inexpensive to make. More important, it’s a light, not-too-spicy kind of chili. There’s lots of spinach and just enough bacon to produce a smoky flavor.
Dinner in 35 minutes: Spinach and bacon chili
Trending in: Local News
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges
- School districts issue layoff notices, leaves staff in limbo
- Nevada County Consolidated Fire’s draft audit shows $300,000 deficit
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel