The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Grass Valley man stays patient, positive while awaiting kidney donor
- Nevada County death: Man dies in single-vehicle wreck
- PG&E augments hazard prevention measures in bark beetle epidemic (VIDEO)
- Nevada County sheriff, supervisors say 'no' to body cameras for deputies
- Don Rogers: A wall starts to give in Nevada County