The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- Cal Fire reports possible fires due to lightning strike
- Maintaining what they love: Gold Country Trails Council keeps trails in top form
- Daniel Adamik, convicted of murder in 1981 Nevada County case, denied parole
- Community member hosts party for Scotten School student battling leukemia