The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Hotel over homes?: Affordable housing clashes with economic development in Grass Valley
- Caring for the caregiver: Free respite care coming to Nevada County
- Grass Valley police: Man chokes 2 women, gets stabbed with scissors
- Colfax High School student arrested, accused of making threats
- Online courses set to begin Oct. 12 for senior cohousing