The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
- 32 arrested in Sutter County sex sting
- All in the family: Mother Truckers, Natural Selection, and now The Country Store
- Refusing to ghost: Documentary chonicles 'Little Town of Washington'
- Two cases against Milhous set for trial in Nevada County next year
- 100 Years ago in Nevada County: September, 1916