The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- FBI called in on pot-related kidnapping on the San Juan Ridge
- Brian Hamilton: Believe it! Nevada City's Alexander Rossi races to first place in 100th Indianapolis 500 (TIMELINE)
- ALEXANDER ROSSI WINS INDIANAPOLIS 500! (TIMELINE)
- (TIMELINE) Follow along Alexander Rossi's journey of an American dream
- Girl, 9, ok after fall in South Yuba River