The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
- Lane closure puts popular Nevada City bar owners under spotlight
- Local sculptor created giant panthers for Carolina team stadium
- Schedule out for Dorsey Marketplace meeting times
- Police blotter: Caller wants to discuss Zika virus
- Heidi Hall raises over $4K in campaign for Nevada County Board of Supervisors