The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Nevada City attorney submits proposal for statewide marijuana legalization initiative
- Grass Valley house promotes turning lawns into gardens
- Our View: Real need for urgency is actual leadership on cannabis in our community
- Consolidated: Nevada City fire brownouts plan 'a huge gorilla on our backs'
- Police blotter: Female flasher reported