The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Experts: Pruning in spring exposes trees to bark beetle attacks
- CyberCamp aims to teach Nevada County students cyber security skills
- 'Back to balance and harmony': Bowen Therapy offers alternative options to repair the body
- Dying wish shows special love between two people at Right Hand Auburn Homeless Shelter
- South County man charged with DUI