The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Secret legacy revealed inside Nevada County Fairgrounds' 'Gentle Giant'
- Debate in drug sale case on sentencing enhancements
- Police blotter: Multiple residential burglaries reported
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- NU grad aids Nepal relief effort through open-source mapping