The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
- Woman assaulted Sunday morning at St. Patrick Parish in Grass Valley
- Female Grass Valley Police Department officers build bond
- Carole Chapman: Take down Confederate flag, and that State of Jefferson one while you're at it
- Fun on the Fourth in downtown Grass Valley! (VIDEO)
- Organic Gardening 101: Weed Control