The Nevada City Fire Department, along with other emergency personnel, responded to a small brush fire in Pioneer Park at 2:55 p.m. Monday. The fire was located between the buildings housing the historic transportation and wagon displays. It was quickly contained with no damage to any of the structures. It was most likely caused by the careless dumping of barbecue ashes over the weekend that were not completely extinguished.
Pioneer Park brush fire extinguished
Trending in: Local News
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- Authorities say Sacramento man tried to bring 800 lbs. of fireworks into Nevada County
- New scam illustrates need for vigilance with suspicious calls
- Reported honey oil lab leads to South County man's arrest
- Nevada County drug-alcohol treatment facility to undergo renovations