Yuba River Charter offers ‘A Walk Through the Enchanted Forest’
November 30, 2016
Crafts, music, cafe highlight Winter Faire
Yuba River Charter School will host "Winter Faire: A Walk Through the Enchanted Forest" 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Nevada City downtown campus, 505 Main Street.
The event is free and open to the public, though tickets for various activities will be sold for the event. Two tickets may be purchased for $1, or 24 tickets for $10.
Highlights include creating crafts, including beeswax candle dipping; a stroll through the Crystal Cookie Forest; live music from students and members of the community, a cafe featuring organic soups from local restaurants; artisan vendors selling hand-crafted gifts; a Kindergarten Teachers for Magical Puppet Shows production; an Elfin Shop children can enter to find gifts for family and friends; a courage test for those brave enough to face the grumpy troll under the bridge; and an opportunity to warm your hands and heart with a cup of cider, coffee or tea.
Learn more at yubariverschool.org/winterfaire.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County