Woman unhurt after plunging over wall
August 25, 2013
An elderly woman reportedly sustained only minor injuries in a solo accident that sent her vehicle tumbling 10 feet over a retaining wall Friday afternoon.
The 75-year-old Penn Valley resident, who was not identified, was driving a Jeep SUV in the 1100 block of Sutton Way at about 3 p.m. and was trying to park in front of a business, said Grass valley Police Sgt. Alex Gammelgard.
"She just kept going and drove over a retaining wall," Gammelgard said.
The Jeep reportedly fell about 10 feet and flipped, coming to rest in a vertical position against a tree.
The woman sustained minor injuries and was taken to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital for evaluation, Gammelgard said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County Captures: Firefighters battle fires; scenes from local fires