Woman struck by car in Grass Valley
December 21, 2013
A young woman suffered from minor injuries after she was struck by a car while crossing South Church Street in Grass Valley Wednesday morning.
Angelina Sinclair, 24, of Grass Valley, hurt her left leg when a car driven by Kadie Mansuetti, 21, of Grass Valley, collided with her in a crosswalk, said Sgt. Alex Gammelgard.
Mansuetti was driving eastbound on Walsh Street at approximately 8:45 a.m. Wednesday when she attempted to turn and head south on South Church.
Partially blinded by the rising sun, Mansuetti reportedly did not see Sinclair, who was crossing the street via the crosswalk.
Mansuetti was not ticketed as the bright sun was an associated factor, Gammelgard said.
"She stuck around after the accident and did the right thing," he said.
Sinclair complained of left leg pain and was transported for treatment via ground ambulance, said Grass Valley Fire Department Engineer Stephan Veach.
"There were no obvious signs of head trauma," Veach said.
According to the report, Sinclair was found with headphones in her ears, but it was unknown if that was a contributing factor to the accident.
Neither Gammelgard nor Veach was aware if Sinclair had sustained a fractured leg.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial