Woman severely injured in car accident identified
March 29, 2013
A woman severely injured in an car accident just before noon Monday near North San Juan has been identified.
Cheryl Kelley, 58, a North San Juan resident, was traveling at an undetermined speed southbound on Highway 49 near Sweetland Road at 11:34 a.m, according to a release by California Highway Patrol.
Kelley reportedly lost control of the vehicle — a 2006 Toyota Tacoma truck — and drifted to the right and off the west roadway edge of Highway 49. The left front of the truck struck a large tree trunk, which caused major damage to the vehicle and severe injury to the driver.
The driver was pinned in the vehicle while the fire personnel cut out the roof and doors of the truck to extricate her. Kelley was then flown via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Hospital.
As of Tuesday afternoon, Kelley was listed in critical condition, according to Robin Montgomery, Sutter-Roseville hospital spokeswoman.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide