Woman severely injured in car accident identified
March 29, 2013
A woman severely injured in an car accident just before noon Monday near North San Juan has been identified.
Cheryl Kelley, 58, a North San Juan resident, was traveling at an undetermined speed southbound on Highway 49 near Sweetland Road at 11:34 a.m, according to a release by California Highway Patrol.
Kelley reportedly lost control of the vehicle — a 2006 Toyota Tacoma truck — and drifted to the right and off the west roadway edge of Highway 49. The left front of the truck struck a large tree trunk, which caused major damage to the vehicle and severe injury to the driver.
The driver was pinned in the vehicle while the fire personnel cut out the roof and doors of the truck to extricate her. Kelley was then flown via helicopter to Sutter Roseville Hospital.
As of Tuesday afternoon, Kelley was listed in critical condition, according to Robin Montgomery, Sutter-Roseville hospital spokeswoman.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4230.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger