Woman injured in solo crash on McCourtney Road
April 24, 2014
An elderly Penn Valley woman was flown to a Roseville hospital Monday night after a solo-vehicle accident.
At approximately 6:30 p.m., Beverly Lorenwaser, 80, was driving a Toyota Matrix southbound on McCourtney Road in the area of Wells Drive, said California Highway Patrol spokesman Greg Tassone. There were no other occupants in the vehicle.
As the road curved to the left, Lorenwaser continued straight ahead and traveled off the road onto the dirt shoulder, Tassone said. The vehicle crashed through a heavy wooden fence and then straight into a large pine tree, causing significant damage.
Lorenwaser was wearing her seatbelt and the front and side-curtain airbags deployed during the collision, Tassone said. She sustained substantial injuries to her chest and upper torso and was flown by helicopter air ambulance to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
The CHP is handling the collision investigation. Alcohol and/or controlled substances do not appear to be a factor in the collision. The speeds of the vehicle and the reasons for driving off the roadway have yet to be determined.
The southbound lane of McCourtney Road was partially blocked by emergency equipment while personnel worked at the scene.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project