Woman found dead in the street in Morgan Ranch
April 16, 2014
A woman found dead of a gunshot wound on the street Tuesday afternoon is believed to have committed suicide.
Grass Valley Police officers were dispatched at about 1:40 p.m. to a residence in the 200 block of Northridge Drive in Morgan Ranch for a call regarding a woman with a gunshot wound, said Sgt. Clint Bates.
Officers arrived at the scene to find the woman lying in the street on Horizon Circle with a gun near her chest, Bates said. An investigation is still ongoing, but Bates said the gunshot appeared to be self-inflicted.
The woman’s identity was being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Trending In: Local News
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping