Woman flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center after solo crash
July 2, 2013
A woman was critically injured after she allowed her car to drift off the road and crashed into a power pole Monday.
The woman, identified as Olivia Coleman, 27, was driving a Dodge Stratus on Pleasant Valley Road near Gold Country Drive at about 11:45 a.m. when, according to witnesses, she drifted all the way off the road.
Coleman then apparently over-corrected and veered back onto the road, then swerved back off the road, said California Highway Patrol Officer Greg Tassone. She then began to spin and struck the pole on the passenger side.
Coleman was trapped inside the Dodge and had to be extricated. She was transported by helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center, where she is listed in critical condition.
Coleman has a Washington address but reportedly has ties to the Lake Wildwood area, Tassone said.
The accident remains under investigation.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home