Woman drives off Hwy 20 overlook in apparent suicide attempt
December 10, 2013
A reportedly suicidal woman was flown to a Roseville hospital with moderate injuries after she drove her vehicle off a Highway 20 overlook Thursday night.
A family member called law enforcement just after 7 p.m. to report the woman had been making suicidal comments and had left a residence in South County a half-hour prior after saying she was going to drive off a cliff.
At 7:09 p.m., a caller from Highway 20 at the overlook reported an accident with a vehicle over the edge, according to dispatch reports.
The woman, who was not identified, apparently tried to drive of the edge but crashed her vehicle about 10 feet down, said California Highway Patrol Officer Marc Morrison.
She was flown by helicopter to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with minor to moderate injuries, Morrison said.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns