Woman busted; partner in car trunk
September 5, 2013
A couple's argument ended with the man in the trunk of the woman's car — and with her, ultimately, in county jail.
The male victim, who was not being identified, called 911 at about 8 p.m. Tuesday to report being assaulted by Ashley Lynn Johnson.
The two began arguing on the 17000 block of Greenhorn Road and Johnson left, said Nevada County Undersheriff Joe Salivar.
She apparently returned, and the argument resumed, he said.
The man then tried to leave, but Johnson had some of his belongings in the trunk of her car — so he started pulling the items out, Salivar said.
"She started to drive away and he climbs in," Salivar said.
Johnson reportedly responded by backing up, then braking abruptly, trying to "pop" him out of the trunk. But instead, Salivar said, the trunk slammed down, hitting the man in the head.
So Johnson got out of the vehicle and punched him in the side of the head; when he refused to exit the trunk, she punched him again, Salivar said.
When the victim eventually did exit the trunk, Johnson reportedly threw a battery charger at him, clipping him in the head. She then allegedly threw a rock, breaking the windshield, before he was able to leave.
Johnson was arrested at the scene and booked into county jail on suspicion of spousal abuse and vandalism. She was being held in lieu of $25,750 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public