Woman arrested on drug sale charges
April 4, 2013
Grass Valley Police officers arrested a woman on drug sale charges after allegedly finding 30 grams of methamphetamine and drug scales.
The officers had observed the woman, identified as Jessica Marie Schenck, 27, “walking aimlessly” in the 500 block of Brunswick Road at about 1:30 a.m. Monday, said Capt. Rex Marks.
Schenck told them she was looking for a cell phone that she had lost, Marks said. The officers left the scene, and then returned later to find her in a treeline area with a flashlight, Marks said.
Schenck allegedly appeared to be under the influence of narcotics and was taken into custody.
During a search of her person, officers found 30 grams of methamphetamine and the scales, Marks said.
Schenck was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance, possession for sale, transportation of a controlled substance, being under the influence of a controlled substance and possessing drug paraphernalia, as well a warrant for failing to appear on a misdemeanor charge. She was being held in county jail in lieu of $42,000 bail.
To contact Senior Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project