Woman arrested on attempted extortion charges
April 26, 2013
A Rough and Ready woman was arrested by Grass Valley Police officers on alleged extortion and harassment charges Monday afternoon.
Haley Noelle Anderson, 29, allegedly had been trying to extort money in exchange for computer images of the female victim, said Grass Valley Police Capt, Rex Marks.
Marks declined to be more specific, citing a continuing investigation.
Anderson was allegedly found in possession of a meth pipe at the time of her arrest.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of attempted extortion, threatening to publish the personal information of another person, and possessing drug paraphernalia. She was released on $11,500 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws