Woman arrested on attempted extortion charges
April 26, 2013
A Rough and Ready woman was arrested by Grass Valley Police officers on alleged extortion and harassment charges Monday afternoon.
Haley Noelle Anderson, 29, allegedly had been trying to extort money in exchange for computer images of the female victim, said Grass Valley Police Capt, Rex Marks.
Marks declined to be more specific, citing a continuing investigation.
Anderson was allegedly found in possession of a meth pipe at the time of her arrest.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of attempted extortion, threatening to publish the personal information of another person, and possessing drug paraphernalia. She was released on $11,500 bail.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business