Woman arrested on attempted extortion charges
April 26, 2013
A Rough and Ready woman was arrested by Grass Valley Police officers on alleged extortion and harassment charges Monday afternoon.
Haley Noelle Anderson, 29, allegedly had been trying to extort money in exchange for computer images of the female victim, said Grass Valley Police Capt, Rex Marks.
Marks declined to be more specific, citing a continuing investigation.
Anderson was allegedly found in possession of a meth pipe at the time of her arrest.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of attempted extortion, threatening to publish the personal information of another person, and possessing drug paraphernalia. She was released on $11,500 bail.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project