Woman arrested after allegedly threatening husband with knife, gun
October 9, 2013
A marital dispute landed the wife in jail after she reportedly threatened her husband with a knife and then a shotgun Monday evening.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies were called to a residence in the 17000 block of Lake Vera-Purdon Road at about 8 p.m. to a dispute with the man yelling that the woman had leveled a shotgun at him, according to dispatch reports.
The couple reportedly had been arguing, and the dispute grew more heated, said Nevada County Undersheriff Joe Salivar.
"She grabbed a knife and threatened him with it," Salivar said.
She then reportedly put it down and went into the bedroom.
"Then he hears a shotgun being racked," Salivar said.
The wife then reportedly came back out of the bedroom with the shotgun and threatened him with the gun before going back into the bedroom. Dispatch reports indicated that he allegedly slammed her wrist in the door, and the shotgun had been discharged.
Fearing for his life, the man called 911, Salivar said.
The woman, identified as Rebecca Jane Siegfried, 52, was arrested on suspicion of assault with a firearm and assault with a deadly weapon, as well as battery on a spouse, reportedly because "some minor pushing" was going on. She was being held in county jail in lieu of $25,750 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger