Warning issued after man allegedly tries to lure girl into car
May 1, 2013
The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office is looking for information on a man suspected of trying to lure a young girl into his car in Lake Wildwood Friday afternoon.
The 10-year-old girl was walking home after getting off the school bus at around 3 p.m. when the incident occurred, according to Sheriff Keith Royal.
A man in an older red Honda drove next to the girl and then pulled over while she was walking from the bus stop. He then asked her if she wanted to meet Channing Tatum, Royal said.
The girl ignored him and crossed the street to get away, and he drove off, Royal said.
The man was described as being in his 20s, with a shaved head, wearing a white tank top. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 265-1471.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees