Walking group welcomes new members
March 27, 2014
The Nevada County Walkers, a walking group of 710 members who walk 7-plus days per week, is encouraging community members to learn more about the organization at a meet and greet from 1 to 6 p.m. on Friday, April 4, at Kurt’s Garden, 595 E. Main St., near Natural Selection in Grass Valley.
Photos of activities will be available, as well as some of the group’s 700-plus members.
The group often organizes more than one activity to choose from on a given day.
In addition to walking and hiking, the group also plays bocce ball every other Tuesday and bowls on alternating Tuesdays. Pickleball is on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Twice yearly group members plan one-week excursions to Echo Summit Lodge where they hike, bike and kayak.
On Monday, March 24, 26 members hiked to Fairy Falls in Spenceville. On April 20, Easter morning, there will be an Easter egg hunt for adults on the Deer Creek Tribute Trail in Nevada City at 9 a.m. The group gathers the first Saturday of the month for board games and enjoys films at the Nevada Theater where seldom-seen films are shown.
The group will participate in the upcoming Meltdown for a Healthier Nevada County 2014, commencing in May.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns