Voluntary boat inspections at Donner Lake, area reservoirs
May 8, 2011
For the second consecutive season, boat inspections and education relating to aquatic invasive species will take place at Donner Lake and Boca, Prosser and Stampede reservoirs through Sept. 30, said Peter Brumis, spokesman for the Tahoe Resource Conservation District, which operates inspection stations.
However, unlike Lake Tahoe, where boaters must undergo inspections and can be fined thousands of dollars for willfully misleading inspectors, the inspections carried out at the other alpine lakes are voluntary, Brumis said.
In alignment with these goals, Tahoe RCD has opened a new office in the Tin Can Building in Truckee, located at 10116 Jibboom St. For more information, visit TruckeeBoatInspections.com or contact David Kean at (530) 587-4911.
Trending In: Local News
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Gold panning at Bridgeport begins today
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Repairs to PG&E canal expected next week; NID says fix comes just in time
- California neighborhood flooded: Residents floated through the streets on rafts and paddleboards laughing
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public