Voluntary boat inspections at Donner Lake, area reservoirs
May 8, 2011
For the second consecutive season, boat inspections and education relating to aquatic invasive species will take place at Donner Lake and Boca, Prosser and Stampede reservoirs through Sept. 30, said Peter Brumis, spokesman for the Tahoe Resource Conservation District, which operates inspection stations.
However, unlike Lake Tahoe, where boaters must undergo inspections and can be fined thousands of dollars for willfully misleading inspectors, the inspections carried out at the other alpine lakes are voluntary, Brumis said.
In alignment with these goals, Tahoe RCD has opened a new office in the Tin Can Building in Truckee, located at 10116 Jibboom St. For more information, visit TruckeeBoatInspections.com or contact David Kean at (530) 587-4911.
Trending In: Local News
- Verizon tower construcion progresses in Grass Valley
- Nevada County reaches settlement in harassment case with former sheriff’s employee
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Police blotter: Callers report Chinese hackers, clown in trees
- Grass Valley shooting death reportedly suicide