Vegetation Fire breaks out in Rough and Ready
May 21, 2013
A half-acre vegetation fire broke out in Rough and Ready Monday afternoon, fire officials said. The fire was reported as contained at around 2:30 p.m.
The fire broke out around 1:30 p.m. near Conestoga Way off Bitney Springs Road, said Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Battalion Chief Jerry Funk.
The fire was initially spotted by air attack crew members, who located the source of smoke for the ground crews, Funk said.
The crews established a wet line around the fire and a Washington Ridge crew was cutting a line around the area.
The California Department of Fire and Forestry, Consolidated Fire, Grass Valley Fire Department and Penn Valley Fire Department all responded to the incident.
"In all likelihood it's human-caused, but it is still under investigation," Funk said.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier