Unity in Gold Country celebrates New Thought Day Sunday
February 28, 2013
Unity in the Gold Country, "which provides spiritual tools that help transform lives, is inviting the community to come to its center at 10:30 a.m. Sunday to join in the world-wide celebration of New Thought Day.
Unity in the Gold Country's celebration is also introducing Rev. Barb Walley, a seasoned New Thought minister, author and life coach who recently moved to Nevada City from the Midwest. She is speaking on the "River of Life," sharing what helps or hinders the flow of our lives and will conclude in an uplifting meditation that "assists us as we merge with the Source of Life," according to the organization. New Thought is a modern spiritual philosophy stressing the power of right thinking in a person's life, the idea that our thoughts and attitudes affect our experience and that the divine power of God's Spirit is alive within each individual. Leaders in New Thought include Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Ernest Holmes, founder of Religious Science and Charles Fillmore founder of Unity School of Christianity, according to the Association of Global New Thought. Contemporary New Thought leaders include Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson and Eckhart Tolle.
Unity in the Gold Country is located at 180 Cambridge Ct. in Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger