Tyler Fire fully contained
September 3, 2013
A brush fire burning in the North San Juan area near Tyler Foote Crossing Road and Highway 49 led to the shutdown of traffic Saturday afternoon, as firefighters and air tankers battled to gain control of the blaze.
The Tyler Fire grew to 52 acres but reached full containment late Saturday, Cal Fire reported.
According to the California Highway Patrol, California State Parks first shut down Tyler Foote Road at Highway 49, while the CHP later stopped traffic on Highway 49 at Pleasant Valley Road, commonly known as Peterson's Corner.
The fire started at 2:42 p.m. Saturday, according to the Cal Fire Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit, which is the Administrative Unit on the fire. CHP provided traffic control as of 2:54 p.m.
Fire departments responding to the fire were Cal Fire, North San Juan, Tahoe National Forest, Rough and Ready and Nevada County Consolidated.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley woman, fiancé die in Cascade Fire
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation
- Grass Valley police accuse man of stealing lumber from construction site