Tyler Fire fully contained
September 3, 2013
A brush fire burning in the North San Juan area near Tyler Foote Crossing Road and Highway 49 led to the shutdown of traffic Saturday afternoon, as firefighters and air tankers battled to gain control of the blaze.
The Tyler Fire grew to 52 acres but reached full containment late Saturday, Cal Fire reported.
According to the California Highway Patrol, California State Parks first shut down Tyler Foote Road at Highway 49, while the CHP later stopped traffic on Highway 49 at Pleasant Valley Road, commonly known as Peterson's Corner.
The fire started at 2:42 p.m. Saturday, according to the Cal Fire Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit, which is the Administrative Unit on the fire. CHP provided traffic control as of 2:54 p.m.
Fire departments responding to the fire were Cal Fire, North San Juan, Tahoe National Forest, Rough and Ready and Nevada County Consolidated.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin