Tyler Fire fully contained
September 3, 2013
A brush fire burning in the North San Juan area near Tyler Foote Crossing Road and Highway 49 led to the shutdown of traffic Saturday afternoon, as firefighters and air tankers battled to gain control of the blaze.
The Tyler Fire grew to 52 acres but reached full containment late Saturday, Cal Fire reported.
According to the California Highway Patrol, California State Parks first shut down Tyler Foote Road at Highway 49, while the CHP later stopped traffic on Highway 49 at Pleasant Valley Road, commonly known as Peterson’s Corner.
The fire started at 2:42 p.m. Saturday, according to the Cal Fire Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit, which is the Administrative Unit on the fire. CHP provided traffic control as of 2:54 p.m.
Fire departments responding to the fire were Cal Fire, North San Juan, Tahoe National Forest, Rough and Ready and Nevada County Consolidated.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project