Two women arrested on drug charges
May 7, 2013
Narcotics Task Force members arrested two women Tuesday on drug charges during a probation sweep, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Lt. Steve Tripp.
Sheriff’s deputies were assisting the county’s probation department in conducting probation searches, to ensure people in the county are complying with their probation terms. Tripp said.
During a search of a residence in the 18000 block of Hummingbird Lane in Penn Valley, deputies allegedly found 2.47 grams of methamphetamine, as well as evidence of sales.
Loree Lynne Wade, 56, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and possessing a controlled substance for sale.
She was being held in county jail in lieu of $35,000 bail.
Sandra Lynn Nickens, 39, was arrested at a residence in the 11000 block of Scotts Valley Road after allegedly being found with a little more than one gram of meth.
She was booked into county jail on charges of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia and was being held in lieu of $11,000 bail.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Police blotter: Unlicensed 15-year-old reportedly driving drunk mom home
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project