Two women arrested on drug charges
May 7, 2013
Narcotics Task Force members arrested two women Tuesday on drug charges during a probation sweep, said Nevada County Sheriff's Lt. Steve Tripp.
Sheriff's deputies were assisting the county's probation department in conducting probation searches, to ensure people in the county are complying with their probation terms. Tripp said.
During a search of a residence in the 18000 block of Hummingbird Lane in Penn Valley, deputies allegedly found 2.47 grams of methamphetamine, as well as evidence of sales.
Loree Lynne Wade, 56, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and possessing a controlled substance for sale.
She was being held in county jail in lieu of $35,000 bail.
Sandra Lynn Nickens, 39, was arrested at a residence in the 11000 block of Scotts Valley Road after allegedly being found with a little more than one gram of meth.
She was booked into county jail on charges of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia and was being held in lieu of $11,000 bail.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville