Two Colfax residents arrested in connection with brutal assault
December 24, 2013
Placer County Sheriff's deputies arrested two Colfax residents Tuesday for crimes they committed on another Colfax resident.
Donald Scott Bell, 46, and Robin R. Brawley, 23, were booked at the Placer County Jail on multiple charges, including torture, kidnapping, penetration with a foreign object, false imprisonment, burglary, robbery, criminal threats, assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy.
Bond was set at just over $1 million for each suspect.
Brawley was also wanted on an out-of-state warrant.
The assault occurred Nov. 30 at the victim's Colfax residence, where the suspects forced entry and waited for the victim to arrive.
The suspects used a Taser to stun the victim, who was then bound at the arms and ankles.
The victim was assaulted for six hours and a knife was held to the victim's throat.
Before they left the home, the suspects stole property from the victim.
The victim — who is not being identified — was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital and released.
There is no further information available at this time.
Trending In: Local News
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball