Two arrested on drug charges after probation search
March 14, 2014
Narcotics officers serving a search warrant on a residence on Brooks Road ended up taking two people into custody on drugs and weapons charges Wednesday.
Members of the Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force served a warrant related to methamphetamine at the home of Brianna Rose Bennalack, said spokesman John Dzioba.
Bennalack answered the door and her boyfriend, Justin Ray Evans, was in bed, Dzioba said.
Deputies reportedly subsequently discovered a pouch on the bed containing a digital scale, several containers of methamphetamine and packaging material, as well as other small bags of meth elsewhere in the room for a total of 6 grams.
They found a loaded .22 revolver in the master bedroom closet, Dzioba said, as well as a .30-06 hunting rifle.
Evans, 25, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, possession of a controlled substance for sale and committing a felony while armed. He was being held in lieu of $36,000 bail.
Bennalack reportedly began having an asthma attack and agreed to turn herself in after she sought treatment at the hospital. She did so and was booked into county jail on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia and possession for sale. She was being held in lieu of $36,000 bail.
To contact City Editor Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4229.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County