Two arrested in connection with stolen truck
December 5, 2012
Two Grass Valley men were arrested in connection with a stolen truck over the weekend, and police suspect they might be linked to similar thefts.
The owner of a cab company on Olympia Park Road reported the theft of a Toyota Tacoma pickup at about midnight Friday, said Grass Valley Police Capt. Rex Marks.
Officers allegedly found Michael Scott Reeves, 29, in possession of the truck.
A search of his residence in the 15000 block of Little Valley Road uncovered a number of items that had been reported stolen from the truck, Marks said. The items allegedly included a car stereo, a tool box and tools, a dispatch microphone, a two-way radio, Nikon cameras and a stun gun.
A second man, identified as Matthew Richards, 35, was found in possession of the Tacoma’s keys, Marks said.
Both men were booked into county jail on suspicion of vehicle theft and possession of stolen property; Reeves also was booked on suspicion of violating probation and was being held without bail. Richards’ bail was set at $10,000.
“We believe they might be connected to other burglaries,” Marks said, adding the investigation was ongoing.
To contact Staff Writer Liz Kellar, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4229.
Trending In: Local News
- Grass Valley standoff ends in arrest
- Nevada City’s Stone House reopening pushed back
- Police blotter: Caller reports out-of-tune musicians
- Connecting with inner freedom: Camptonville woman brings hope to ‘lifers’ behind bars with Lioness Tale Prison Project
- Police blotter: Koran-quoting caller spawns terrorist concerns