Two arrested at suspected hash lab in Downieville
March 10, 2014
On Monday, Sierra County Sheriff's deputies obtained an arrest warrant for Brandon Riley, 35, who was living at the Commercial Street Apartments in Downieville. The $100,000 felony arrest warrant was issued based on an ongoing investigation into the manufacturing of marijuana butane honey oil (hashish), said Sheriff John Evans in a press release.
Deputies located and arrested Riley at his residence without incident. Following the arrest, deputies obtained a search warrant for Riley's residence and reportedly recovered additional evidence, including a firearm.
While at Riley's Downieville residence, deputies subsequently arrested Paul Evans, 53, of Sacramento, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine. Additional arrests are pending in the ongoing investigation, Evans said.
Both Brandon Riley and Paul Evans are currently being held on bail at the Sierra County Jail in Downieville.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Internet for All bill, funding broadband projects like Spiral, signed into law