Truckee CHP: Suspect found with 64 pounds of pot
November 30, 2016
A South Carolina man found late Tuesday with 64 pounds of suspected marijuana near Truckee was arrested during a traffic stop, the California Highway Patrol said.
Kevin Clarence Miller, 57, is charged with possession of over an ounce of marijuana, use of a false or fabricated compartment, possession of marijuana for sale, and transport for sale, according to jail reports and CHP Officer Michael McDonnell.
Officers stopped Miller between 11:30 p.m. and midnight Tuesday on eastbound Interstate 80 near Floriston Way because his vehicle failed to stay in its lane. A K-9 dog indicated that drugs were in the car, and officers found about 64 pounds of suspected pot in a fuel cell that had a false compartment, McDonnell said.
Arrested on the scene, Miller has since bonded out of jail, reports state.
Trending In: Local News
- Truckee CHP: Suspect found with 64 pounds of pot
- Pair in Nevada County car chase still missing a week later
- Nevada County deputies search for car chase suspects
- Suspected Bubba’s Bagels burglar found in homeless camp, arrested
- A passion for protection: Jerry Karnow defended California’s endangered species for nearly three decades