Truck overturns, resulting in major injury to 20-year-old Nevada County man
September 3, 2013
A 20-year-old Nevada County man sustained major injuries late Friday night when his pickup truck crashed and overturned down a hillside on You Bet Road, just west of Mulberry Lane.
According to the California Highway Patrol, Christopher Olive was driving his 1986 Toyota SR5 pickup eastbound on You Bet Road just west of Mulberry Lane at approximately 10:50 p.m. Friday, when he attempted to negotiate a sharp left hand curve at a speed in excess of the posted 30 mph limit.
Olive's unsafe turning movement, considering his speed and the curve of the road, caused the pickup to run off of the south side of the road and overturn down a hillside, the CHP reported. The pickup came to rest on its roof against two pine trees.
Olive sustained fractured vertebrae and lacerations. Olive was not wearing a seat belt and exited the pickup on his own, likely exacerbating his injuries, the report stated. Fire department/medical personnel responded to the scene along with CHP. Olive was flown by CalStar Helicopter to Sutter Roseville Hospital. CHP is handling the investigation, and alcohol is not a suspected factor in this collision.
You Bet Rd was closed briefly for medical personnel.
Trending In: Local News
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance