Trio arrested at Grass Valley motel
April 5, 2014
Narcotics detectives arrested two women and a man while doing surveillance on a Grass Valley motel, and took two toddlers into protective custody, Friday afternoon.
Members of the Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force were watching a motel in the 400 block of South Auburn Street when they recognized a woman identified as Kimberly Lumpkins coming and going from a room there.
Lumpkins was known to have a felony warrant and a misdemeanor warrant and was on probation, said Sheriff's Deputy John Dzioba.
Lumpkins was arrested on the warrants and a search reportedly revealed a small amount of methamphetamine and a meth pipe on her person.
A man at the hotel room, identified as Kenneth Greer, reportedly was under the influence of a controlled substance and was arrested, Dzioba said.
Two 18-month-old children were reportedly in the motel room and were taken into custody by Child Protective Services.
Another woman, identified as Erinlee Thacker, was in the room and was arrested on several outstanding warrants, Dzioba said.
Charges and bail amounts were not available as of press time.
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana