Trio arrested at Grass Valley motel
April 5, 2014
Narcotics detectives arrested two women and a man while doing surveillance on a Grass Valley motel, and took two toddlers into protective custody, Friday afternoon.
Members of the Nevada County Sheriff's Narcotics Task Force were watching a motel in the 400 block of South Auburn Street when they recognized a woman identified as Kimberly Lumpkins coming and going from a room there.
Lumpkins was known to have a felony warrant and a misdemeanor warrant and was on probation, said Sheriff's Deputy John Dzioba.
Lumpkins was arrested on the warrants and a search reportedly revealed a small amount of methamphetamine and a meth pipe on her person.
A man at the hotel room, identified as Kenneth Greer, reportedly was under the influence of a controlled substance and was arrested, Dzioba said.
Two 18-month-old children were reportedly in the motel room and were taken into custody by Child Protective Services.
Another woman, identified as Erinlee Thacker, was in the room and was arrested on several outstanding warrants, Dzioba said.
Charges and bail amounts were not available as of press time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County