Trio arrested after reportedly stealing taxi
January 15, 2014
Two arrested after reportedly stealing taxi
A trio ended up in jail Friday morning after they reportedly got into a dispute over their cab fare and ended up stealing the taxi.
The three men had gotten into a cab in Truckee and were taken to Tahoe City at about 2:30 a.m., according to Placer County Sheriff's Sgt. Dave Hunt.
When they arrived at their destination in Carnelian Bay, they allegedly refused to pay the cab fare and got into a verbal dispute with the driver.
One of the men reportedly shoved the cab driver out of the vehicle and took off, only making it about a quarter-mile before they were pulled over and arrested.
Brian Connoy, 33, Arthur Parker, 32, and Russell Robertson, 26, were all booked into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of carjacking, vehicle theft and criminal conspiracy.
The three men, who gave their occupations as river rafting guides, were each booked and released on $100,000 bail.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws