Trailer fire contained by North San Juan firefighters
January 2, 2014
North San Juan firefighters were able to save a trailer that was on fire, thanks to their rapid response Sunday.
At 11 a.m. Sunday, firefighters were called to a structure fire on Purdon Road and found a single-story modular home that was 25 percent involved, said fire department spokesman Christoffer Montelius.
Two firefighters quickly started an interior attack and upon entry found the structure was 40 percent involved with heavy fire and smoke. Firefighters were able to control the rapidly growing fire and to prevent flash-overs, Montelius said.
"Within 10 minutes and only 350 gallons of compressed air foam, the fire was under control and the interior attack team had contained the fire in all involved rooms," he said. "Thanks to rapid response and a total of 11 firefighters responding, we managed to save the structure."
Mutual aid was provided from Camptonville Fire Department with a mobile air filling station.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial