Tornado touches down in Central Valley
February 21, 2013
A tornado touched down in California's Central Valley, weather officials said.
The National Weather Service reported a tornado sighting that occurred just east of Interstate 5 near Los Malinos, Calif. in Tehama County, said Karl Swanberg of the National Weather Service.
Tornados in California are rare, but the Central Valley averages about three per season, which begins in winter and lasts until spring.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Target shooting restrictions initiated due to fire danger