Tornado touches down in Central Valley
February 21, 2013
A tornado touched down in California's Central Valley, weather officials said.
The National Weather Service reported a tornado sighting that occurred just east of Interstate 5 near Los Malinos, Calif. in Tehama County, said Karl Swanberg of the National Weather Service.
Tornados in California are rare, but the Central Valley averages about three per season, which begins in winter and lasts until spring.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation