Tornado touches down in Central Valley
February 21, 2013
A tornado touched down in California's Central Valley, weather officials said.
The National Weather Service reported a tornado sighting that occurred just east of Interstate 5 near Los Malinos, Calif. in Tehama County, said Karl Swanberg of the National Weather Service.
Tornados in California are rare, but the Central Valley averages about three per season, which begins in winter and lasts until spring.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws