Tornado touches down in Central Valley
February 21, 2013
A tornado touched down in California's Central Valley, weather officials said.
The National Weather Service reported a tornado sighting that occurred just east of Interstate 5 near Los Malinos, Calif. in Tehama County, said Karl Swanberg of the National Weather Service.
Tornados in California are rare, but the Central Valley averages about three per season, which begins in winter and lasts until spring.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Carlee D’Arata sentenced to 10 years in prison in Nevada County death of Antonette Thevenin
- Nevada County fire: The aftermath (VIDEO)
- For Grass Valley “super senior,” helping children is a way of life
- Overnight closure planned over weekend for busy intersection in Roseville
- Nevada County’s evacuees take stock after homes destroyed by fire