Tornado touches down in Central Valley
February 21, 2013
A tornado touched down in California's Central Valley, weather officials said.
The National Weather Service reported a tornado sighting that occurred just east of Interstate 5 near Los Malinos, Calif. in Tehama County, said Karl Swanberg of the National Weather Service.
Tornados in California are rare, but the Central Valley averages about three per season, which begins in winter and lasts until spring.
To contact Staff Writer Matthew Renda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)