Time to resist: Members of Resistance U.S. demonstrate for progressive values and ideas
December 18, 2016
About 25 members of Resistance U.S. demonstrated Saturday at the intersection of Sutton Way and Brunswick in Grass Valley, carrying signs promoting "resistance to hate and authoritarianism," according to spokesperson Stu Matthews.
The local group, which plans to join a rally Jan. 21 in Sacramento, was formed after the Nov. 8 elections to "promote progressive values and ideas."
For more information, see https://resistance.us.org
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- ‘Know your neighborhood criminal’: Grass Valley man uses social media to identify ‘repeat offenders’
- John Richard Green sentenced to over 200 years on molestation charges in Nevada County Superior Court
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor