Thursday Night Market consolidates
September 5, 2013
Downtown Grass Valley's Thursday Night Market will take place on Mill Street only for the rest of the season this year.
The downtown association and city of Grass Valley found consolidation to Mill Street to be the best course of action, considering some of the reductions for the market, said Grass Valley Downtown Association Executive Director Julia Jordan.
"There's a lot of people who have decided September doesn't work for them, since school has started," she said.
The teen substance prevention group NEO discontinued its presence with the Thursday Night Market since participation only lasts seven weeks until school resumes, Jordan said, adding that one of the bakers involved in the market had to drop out because his son plays football.
"Some of our people are not able to commit, but we still have two stages of entertainment, all our farmers and a majority of our vendors and dining," she said. "It's all still there, it's just consolidated."
To contact Staff Writer Jennifer Terman, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4230.
Trending In: Local News
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection