‘The Bus’ to screen tonight
November 13, 2013
Tonight at 6 p.m. at Matteo's Public in Nevada City, Dave Manning will be hosting a screening of "The Bus," an hour-long documentary about VW Buses and how they became the much-loved cultural icon they are today. Manning, whose music and 1965 VW tour bus are featured in the film, will perform music after the screening. Admission is by donation.
Manning tours in his 1965 VW bus at a lazy 50 mph all over the American West. You may have spotted the iconic green and white bus in Nevada City's first Halloween Parade, where it was decked out in Day of the Dead style to promote the screening of the film.
Manning is back in the U.S. after a tour and album project in Scotland; the album was fan-funded by a kickstarter.com fundraising effort by Manning. The new album, due out this winter, was recorded at a house in the Scottish Highlands built in 1607. The piano Manning used hadn't even been moved since 1927. The fiddler from well-known traditional Scottish band, The Old Blind Dogs, produced the album.
(This story has been updated to correct the spelling of Matteo's Public. The Union regrets the error.)
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local News
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County